Grace Decker and Lucy Marose
This class is held on Saturday March 9th in Ravalli County from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
We will discuss the importance of teaching social emotional skills and supporting the development of friendship skills. Define emotional literacy and identify activities that build “feeling vocabularies.” Please bring a lunch to this class. Prerequisite: The Pyramid Model (CSEFEL) for Preschool Module One.
This class will be held in Ravalli County. The exact location is still being determined.
Participants will be able to:
1. Participants will be able to discuss why it is important to be intentional about teaching social emotional skills.
2. Participants will be able to describe the importance of caregiving routines and identify strategies for using them to support social emotional development
3. Participants will be able to identify strategies for supporting the development of friendship skills.
4. Participants will be able to explain the importance of providing opportunities for children to begin to understand their own, as well as others’ emotions.
5. Participants will discuss why children need to learn to control anger and handle disappointment and will be able to identify strategies to teach anger management skills.
6. Participants will recognize the importance of teaching problem solving and will be able to identify problem solving steps.