For our parents:
You are valued, and we want you to know CCR is available to help as best we can during this current time of challenge with the new coronavirus and COVID-19, the disease it causes. We are taking calls, responding to emails, getting our mail, and checking our drop box in the alley behind our office at 500 N. Higgins. Our office is temporarily closed to the public to protect your health and our team.

If you are receiving Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship benefits, we do not yet have any updated information. Please make sure we have your email address so we can contact you promptly if we receive new information. You can email your caseworker to be sure we have your address or you can email us.

While young children do not seem to get ill from the new coronavirus, they can easily be carriers. Reducing group interactions reduces risk. Young children cannot understand or remember to maintain 6 feet of distance and child care providers must touch children to care for them.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has recommended that all child care facilities be closed to minimize transmission risk. As long as businesses are open, we know this is a challenge for working parents. We encourage you to use immediate family or in a pinch friends or neighbors — who are under age 60, in good health and have no underlying health problems — as care givers to reduce the risk your child is infected and transmits the disease to others. Sanitize toys and surfaces regularly. If you can, please avoid taking your children into grocery and other stores for the safety of older customers and store workers.

Playing outdoors is great! Our parks are open, but don’t let children use outdoor play equipment because it is not sanitized. And even while playing at playgrounds and parks everyone should keep 6 feet between themselves and others — it’s hard for sure, but important to prevent further spread of this illness.

We know that some parents do not have informal options and so must use formal child care. Do not take your children to child care for 14 days if:

  • Anyone in your household is sick.
  • You have been traveling out of state.
  • You have been in contact with someone who has been tested and diagnosed as positive for coronavirus and/or COVID-19.
  • You or a close family member is pregnant.

If we do not answer our phone, please use the voicemail phone tree to leave a message for a specific staff person. If you don’t know who to talk to, please leave your message in the general mailbox. Though many members of the CCR team are working from home, we still receive our messages remotely.

Remember that children pick up your anxiety and are confused by changes in their routine. Please be patient and reassuring. Use this time together to play, read or make up stories, and have fun together.