Child Care Licensing Information

You can complete your license application, update your licensing file as staff changes, or renew your license online. First, you must create an ePass account and then you can proceed. The online process is new and will save you a great deal of time. You can apply for a new child care license, renew your license, update your staff list or insurance document. Here are some instructions for getting started online.


Due to the Coronavirus emergency, effective April 1, 2020, Child Care Licensing (CCL) is temporarily waiving FBI fingerprint requirements.

Filling Vacancies

The families you serve each face lots of choices — what type of care, which facility is the best fit for their child and which works for their family situation. They also need to understand tuition, fees and payment structures. Promote your program!

Professional Development

As a child care provider in Montana you must attend at least sixteen hours of professional development each year. Child Care Resources offers classroom training and online training in a wide range of topics and levels to meet your needs.

Financial Incentives

Quality-rating programs, career development systems, food programs, grants and incentives, awards, scholarships and more.