top of page
Kindergarten 3.jpg

Child Care Licensing Information

Current Providers

Are you looking to update your information?

If you are a child care business owner or director login or create an ePass Montana account to:

  • Renew Your License

  • Update Staff List

  • Update Insurance Documents

Click the links below if you need to:

Want to Become a Provider?

Follow the steps below to find out more information:

Resources to help you get started:


Learn how to start a Homebased Child Care Business


Discover the different types of child care

First steps to becoming a Provider:


Create an ePass Montana account


To view a summary of the statutory changes made to Montana Child Care Licensing laws in 2023, click HERE.

For More Information:

Child Care Resources offers classroom training and online training in a wide range of topics and levels to meet your needs.

Childcare Provider Licensing

Only licensed facilities are eligible for Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship payments, the Child and Adult Care Food Program, STARS and facility grants.

Part-time programs do not have to be licensed in Montana. Preschools and school-age programs operating a few hours a day or only part of the year are exempt from licensing. Drop-in care also falls in this category. 

bottom of page