The federal waiver of FBI Fingerprint-Based Background Checks expires March 15, 2021. Beginning March 16, 2021, all child care staff (all ages) and household members (ages 18 and up) will again be required to complete a satisfactory FBI fingerprint background check for licensing. These FBI checks need to be conducted pre-service and every 5 years after that. Here is the memo from the state.
What does this mean for you? If you have new staff hired on or after March 16th, they will be required to get fingerprinted.
Child Care Resources will resume our in-office fingerprinting services on March 16th by appointment only. Please contact us at 406-728-6446 if you wish to schedule an appointment.
- Cost: $30 – Exact Cash or Money Order (made out to Child Care Resources). No checks or credit cards will be accepted. This fee covers the cost of conducting the background check. If you are in a STAR 1-5 program, the fee is waived and paid for by ECSB.
- Time: Tuesdays (9:00 am – 2:00 pm) and Thursdays (12:00 pm – 4:00 pm) by appointment only. Beginning 4/19, CCR will offer prints by appointment only M-F 9:00 am-2:00 pm.
- We are not able to accommodate walk-ins at this time.
- Due to the high demand of fingerprinting, any no shows will be placed on a waitlist and may not be immediately rescheduled.
- Please bring a valid government issued photo ID and know your social security number.
Additional safety precautions during COVID:
- CCR staff will be wearing double masks and gloves.
- For everyone’s safety, we will ask customers to be double masked as well and will have masks available at the start of your appointment. We will also ask you to wash your hands upon arrival.
- Required paperwork will be sent at the time of scheduling your appointment. Please complete paperwork in advance to minimize time spent in the office.
- A screening questionnaire and your temperature will be taken upon arrival. If there are any concerns, we will ask you to reschedule for a later date.
- We will have an air purifier running in the room at all times and will sanitize the equipment and workstation between appointments.