Starting June 1, 2021, the $30 fee for child care staff FBI Fingerprint-Based Background Checks is covered by the Early Childhood & Family Support Division. All child care staff (all ages) and household members (ages 18 and up) are required to complete a satisfactory FBI fingerprint background check for licensing. These FBI checks need to be conducted pre-service and every 5 years after that. This is the memo from the state.
Beginning October 1, 2021 all newly hired child care staff will need to have satisfactory FBI Check results cleared before they are allowed work in a child care facility.
Child Care Resources offers in-office fingerprinting services by appointment only. Please contact us at 406-728-6446 if you wish to schedule an appointment.
- Cost: Free – As a result of temporary pandemic funding, the fee for all child care staff FBI Fingerprint-Based Background Checks is waived until further notice.
- Time: Monday – Friday 9:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Please bring a valid government issued photo ID and know your social security number.
Additional safety precautions during COVID:
- CCR staff will be wearing a mask and gloves.
- For everyone’s safety, we will ask customers to wear a mask as well and will have masks available at the start of your appointment. We will also ask you to wash your hands upon arrival.
- Required paperwork will be sent at the time of scheduling your appointment. Please complete paperwork in advance to minimize time spent in the office.
- A screening questionnaire and your temperature will be taken upon arrival. If there are any concerns, we will ask you to reschedule for a later date.
- We will have an air purifier running in the room at all times and will sanitize the equipment and workstation between appointments.